going places train scene

On the car ride, Jeanne passionately kisses both. In reference to the scene on the train Brigitte Fossey said, "I was supposed to breastfeed a child but I had no milk. Despite being already rated "18" the German version is heavily cut, removing the following scenes: I can remember seeing this movie as a kid in 1977 or 1978. At one point, the hero catches a bullet thrown to him from a moving train, reloads his gun, and shoots the gun out of Cole's hand from half a mile away. And no, I'm not particularly proud of that feeling. I came away from Going Places feeling that Id spent two hours in the company of a filmmaker I would never want to meet. With Tenor, maker of GIF Keyboard, add popular Trading Places Train Scene animated GIFs to your conversations. Verified reviews are considered more trustworthy by fellow moviegoers. Comedy, Drama, Made in Europe, Action & Adventure, Crime. Coming Soon. What's more, Blier is interested more in Jean-Claude and Pierrot as sexual chauvinists than as petty criminals, and as they learn to be more considerate lovers they become more likable. Hell the main characters are definitely easily unlikable, but the movie doesn't try to present them as anything other than that. Pierrot runs away but is shot in the groin. The film was produced by CAPAC, UPF and Prodis. [7], For the scene where the character played by Brigitte Fossey gets her breasts sucked by Patrick Dewaere's, the actress, who slipped into this role, "was not frightened", but Bertrand Blier still remembers a moment when the actress got a little scared, because she "had a little dizziness when she was caught between the two guys, one who sucked her and the other titillating her from behind. Christopher Nolan's mind-bending film "Inception" delighted in playing with audience's minds. Coming Soon, Regal A young woman, alone in a wagon with the two heroes of the film, "has the unfortunate idea of breastfeeding her baby". Doctor Octopus (Alfred Molina) and Spider-Man (Tobey Maguire) get into a punch up that takes them up and down a skyscraper and then inside and outside a high-speed train. Pathetic. What a misogynistic, puerile, lousy excuse for a film it is. After they evade their pursuers, they loot the purse but are disappointed to find almost no money. I can understand why many viewers, especially, the females would not like or even hate it. Its story involved two loutish, brutal and unclean young men, Jean-Claude and Pierrot, who drift about France endlessly in a series of stolen cars. Based off of the celebrated picture book by Chris Van Allsburg, "The Polar Express" follows a boy (Daryl Sabara) struggling to hold onto his belief in magic and Christmas. Jean-Claude and Pierrot take the gun and Jeanne's belongings and flee the hotel. Practically everything about the train is memorable, from the way young Harry Potter (Daniel Radcliffe) manages to find his way to the hidden "Platform 9 " at London King's Cross Station to his first meeting with future best friends Ron Weasley (Rupert Grint) and Hermione Granger (Emma Watson). A few reviewers have mentioned the word 'misogynist' in connection with this film. And that is part of their genius. Locations were used in Valence, Drme. Incredible who falls into depression and becomes an overweight shadow of his former self. From the first moment when we see Patric Dewaere prancing in the abandoned lot we get an idea of the bewilderingly beautiful anti-hero we'll be spending time with for the next couple of hours. Luckily I had stupid babysitters and party-going parents on the weekends. Back then it was UNRATED and was the only movie of its kind ever shown on pay televisionespecially back then. With the "Hero Boy" and "Hero Girl" as our viewpoint characters, we even get a peek at the inner workings of the train, including the engine and a spooky section occupied by a creepy (but friendly) ghost. Ethan follows and, against insane wind resistance, tethers the helicopter to the train so that it flies into the Channel Tunnel. It's also, not incidentally, the most misogynistic movie I can remember; its hatred of women is palpable and embarrassing. Those who only are satisfied with family life, or simply know nothing more, the movie would be quite a shocker but this movie is more than just that, it just let you think of all the usual things in life (working for the car, being bounded at work etc.). Menu. We were sometimes asked to do things that were not hard, but a little complicated to do. They notice that the home belongs to a family of three, with a daughter named Jacqueline. Finally, the Trading Places script is here for all you quotes spouting fans of the movie starring Eddie Murphy and Dan Aykroyd and Jamie Lee Curtis. Their encounter with Jeanne Moreau elevates this comedy to the tragic level. Your Ticket Confirmation # is located under the header in your email that reads "Your Ticket Reservation Details". The only reason I kept watching it all the way through was to give his breakthrough film proper respect. For Patrick Dewaere,"Les Valseuses" was a good opportunity to excel alongside Depardieu in a role where he became good friends with Miou Miou too. Incredible (Craig T. Nelson) meets up with his old enemy Bomb Voyage (Dominique Louis), it looks like the start of another one of their usual battles. Series Noir was a valid expression of personal liberty and licentious behavior. Cinemark "The Lone Ranger" (2013) was a box office bomb and disappointed audiences. Great job and it just makes you wish two things : Dewaere died just too young as he was a topactor and of course Depardieu, he'd better should have stuck with French movies as he proves here that no one can beat him. You're almost there! Spider-Man 2. Above all, they embody the sure-fire appeal of all movie anti-heroes, free spirits who live entirely for the moment and at all times follow their impulse. Miou-Miou is lovely throughout and again has very difficult scenes to play. Have each child choose a picture and name the mode of transportation. The daughter of the family is amused by the situation and suggests their parents accept the deal. I am a straight guy and I know why other guys would like this kind of stuff. Sometimes, what makes a good train scene is all a matter of perspective. Comedy, Worthless. They steal the doctor's money and flee. Mr. Until I checked IMDb, I had no idea this movie had such a following. I understand why this movie has favorable reviews from users. The lead characters were stupid and violent, and I thought it was mean spirited and not funny at all. What's truly remarkable about this scene is that the train that falls into the river really is a full working steam locomotive and cars and not a model. Directed by Bertrand Blier with an insouciant wit, and graced with a justly famous score by Stephane Grappelli, GOING PLACES is "an explosively funny erotic farce - both a celebration and a satire of men's daydreams." (Pauline Kael) Directors Bretrand Blier Starring Jeanne Moreau, Patrick Dewaere, Miou-Miou Genres Comedy, Drama, Action Subtitles Please click the link below to receive your verification email. Murf the Surf: Jewels, Jesus, and Mayhem in the USA: Season 1, The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power: Season 1, Link to Marvel Movies Ranked Worst to Best by Tomatometer, Link to Golden Tomato Awards: Best Movies & TV of 2022, Link to Christian Slater and Jonathan Kasdan Talk. Just confirm how you got your ticket. But the duo isn't simply suave; in addition to their crimes, they mistreat women without regret -- which could come back to haunt them. And when Jean-Claude sees a care-worn but quietly dignified and self-possessed woman. The movie has many objectionable scenes and points of sexual politics and is probably best taken as a general cartoon on the foibles of both sexes, making a mockery of the whole notion of sensitivity and honesty, and hitting numerous points of possible profundity on the basis that if you fire off enough shots, some of them are bound to hit. (new edition). It's also, not incidentally, the most misogynistic movie I can remember; its hatred of women is palpable and embarrassing. While they are arguing at a roadside, Jean-Claude scares away a driver with his gun, which amuses Jeanne. 'Trading Places' (1983) is one of the best comedy movies of the 1980s. The scene of Spider-Man holding back a massive train with nothing but a few strands of webbing and his body is so excruciating you'll swear you'll pull a muscle watching it. He then climbs onto the helicopter, blows it up with a stick of exploding gum, and rides the explosion back to the train. Back then it was UNRATED and was the only movie of its kind ever shown on pay televisionespecially back then. A rather raw sex scene follows, where Patrick Dewaere sucks the breast of the young woman who finally takes pleasure herself. [] I came away from Going Places feeling that I'd spent two hours in the company of a filmmaker I would never want to meet. Marie-Ange, a jaded, passive hairdresser, joins them as lover, cook, and mother confessor. If a movie is advertised as a comedy, its got to be funny -- right? Dare I say that only the French can get away with films like this. Where Jean-Luc Godard's criminal rebels, the children of Marx and . Going Places, released in 1974, was Bertrand Blier's third feature but his first from his own material, in this case an adaptation of his own novel, and it frames his subsequent career of films that explore sex, power, pleasure, desire and disappointment in modern relationships. After gaining size-altering powers from Doctor Hank Pym's Ant-Man suit, Scott Lang secretly uses his abilities to watch over his daughter Cassie (Abby Ryder Fortson). Everything else is a trick or a facade. Romantic movies offer tearful farewell scenes at train stations. Okay, it's a couple of guys flaunting convention in the most absurd and irredeemable ways; many folks find such behavior amusing. the french title les valseuses translates to 'the waltzers,' a slang term for testicles, so the film should probably be called 'the balls.' The original French title is slang for "balls" (the testicular variety). In a world of bourgeois hypocrisy, he seems to be saying, these drifters are revolutionaries: The only authentic lives are those lived by outlaws. When Mr. With famous lines like "feeling good, looking good Billy Ray" and "Merry New Year," the 'Trading Places' cast has done a wonderful job in making the movie a favorite. Veel weten over deze film en veel andere films? But then, that's his job description. Incredible manages to stop the train from falling, The Jacobite, the actual train used in the "Harry Potter" films. There is no such thing as a sacred territory in this film; everything is fair game. the Terms and Policies, and to receive email from Rotten Tomatoes. This isn't the only time we see a train scene in "Inception." This is a pretty damn good movie, all things considered. Those audiences lucky enough to see the film as it was meant to be seen in IMAX 3-D know the film is filled with scenes showing the train careening over icy hills,sliding across frozen lakes, and generally executing feats only Santa Claus' train could perform. All aboard! Original title: Les Valseuses. Yep, we women should ALL commit suicide at forty, or whenever we stop being able to breed. Simultaneously, the Lone Ranger pursues another train holding his love interest and her son captive. Stupid. When Jean-Claude and Pierrot are sleeping, Jeanne, seemingly content, commits suicide by shooting herself in the groin. I'd say the makers don't just hate women, but all humankind. As deliriously cynical today as ever, this is one of the most masterful dark comedies ever filmed. Coming Soon. Later, Jacques suggests robbing an elderly person and asks for their gun to do it. Highlights include the Lone Ranger's unusually intelligent horse Silver galloping over rooftops and leaping onto the top of the train to chase the bad guys. The opening scene features Pierrot pushing Jean-Claude in a shopping cart as they chase a woman. Not to say there isn't many funny moments in the movie because there are, especially in the last act of the movie. The movie is very entertaining and highly enjoyable: it is well written, the acting by all is first - class, and the music is sweet and melancholic. That's not the last we see of Doc though. However, Blier's later acclaim for the rest of his filmography made it a cult film for modern critics.[3][4][5][6]. Train stations are often associated with romance, and you couldn't ask for a more romantic goodbye scene than seeing your lover off at a train. Director: Sergio Leone | Stars: Henry Fonda, Charles Bronson, Claudia Cardinale, Jason Robards Votes: 331,077 | Gross: $5.32M Bertrand Blier based the screenplay on his own novel Les Valseuses, which had been published by ditions Robert Laffont in 1972. Cookies help us deliver our Services. The train wreckage actually stayed at the bottom of Oregon's Row River until it was salvaged for iron during World War II although you can still see bits of it today. The latter endeavor includes seducing a soldier's bride on a train, literally chasing a woman through the streets, picking up a woman randomly as she leaves prison, and what becomes their ultimate challenge, giving pleasure to Marie-Ange, who is all too willing to have sex but has never had an orgasm. I can remember seeing this movie as a kid in 1977 or 1978. Hitting and driving over the store detective. Still, the Wizarding World is dangerous, and Harry's encountered numerous dangers during his train rides. ), but for it took two icons of French film heritage and put them upside down. Then there's the Trolley Witch (Jean Southern) who arrives mid-journey to offer magical confections like Chocolate Frogs and Cauldron Cakes to the young witches and wizards. Going Places R 1974, Comedy/Drama, 1h 57m 69% Tomatometer 13 Reviews 86% Audience Score 2,500+ Ratings Where to watch Rent/buy Rent/buy Want to see Your AMC Ticket Confirmation# can be found in. Not sure if this counts as a spoiler or not, so beware: As a film which challenges the limits of roguishness, "Les Valseuses" is based on the eponymous best selling book written by Bertrand Blier which sold over 75,000 copies in France. Most people I talk to have never heard of it. In first "Les Valseuses" is also one of the first roadmovies as the viewer is just taken to some journeys of two little criminals. Even though there is a pointless aspect to the film it is well acted.The performances of Depardieu & Dewaere are very enjoyable.They have a good chemistry together & Miou-Miou makes a pink fur look breathtaking.A movie like this probably wouldn't be made in these politically correct times(at least not in the US), since it seems to sensationalize things like violence,robbery,& casual sex. Undaunted, Doctor Ock sabotages the train's brakes, and Peter is forced to slow down the train with his webbing and superhuman strength as the train hurls toward an unfinished bridge. An interesting but uncomfortable look at the French post-new wave sex revolution through the story of two sociopaths on a endless road trip to satisfying their desires. Support the Podcast for $5 or more, and receive cool rewards! I'd be pretty scared if I were a woman and there was a guy with me watching this and having a laugh. Shes on her own search for seemingly unattainable sexual pleasure. This sort of material isnt a commentary on dehumanization; its depraved in its own right. Shrinking to the size of insects, the two take the fight to Cassie's bedroom table andnearly get flattened by her Thomas the Tank Engine toy train. Yet by the end, everyone gets to see just how dangerous Thomas the Tank Engine can be when one of Ant-Man's growth discs accidentally lands on the toy, expanding it to the size of a real train that smashes through the house of Scott's ex-wife and crushes a police car. Heroes like Superman can stop runaway trains with minimal difficulty, but Spidey really has to work for this win. This 10-digit number is your confirmation number. These are the most iconic train scenes in movies. I then smeared my breasts with honey and the baby saw nothing but fire". I gather from the movie that Blier, to some degree, admires his nihilistic heroes. One gasps at the way the women are treated and yet ultimately they seem to come through very well and it is much credit to all concerned that so many potentially disastrous scenes all work so very well. Lastly, "Les Valseuses" would be remembered as a film wherein Bertrand Blier imposed his anti conformist stance against French society and its false values. "Going Places" is the English title of a 1974 French film with two of the famous actors of the era, Grard Depardieu and Patrick Dewaere, as freewheeling hoodlums of highly questionable morality. They pick her up, determine to be kind to her, spend time with her, have lunch with her, make love with her, and she informs these scenes with a grace and dignity of her own -- before Bliers screenplay requires her to exit the film by a method as cruel as it is meaningless. But it's Ethan'sepic battle atop a speeding TGV train in the original "Mission Impossible" (1996) that first made audiences sit up and take notice. But the movie could've used a bit shortening, maybe shave off 20 or so minutes, and you could've easily done that. Over the years, we've seen Cruise, as secret agent Ethan Hunt, hang from the outside of a plane, scale the tallest building on Earth, and perform a high-altitude halo jump. Blier cuts away from the scene where Depardieu may be about to rape Dewaere, so we're never sure how explicitly to read the manifestly homoerotic aspect of their relationship - either way, that incident is the start of their relative humanization (so the movie could certainly be read as pro-gay, although it could likely be read as pro-anything you want). Train heists are a popular cinema trope, but according to Doc Brown (Christopher Lloyd), hijacking an 1885 steam train in "Back to the Future Part III" wasn't a stick-up but "a science experiment." As he moves from one car to another, Indy falls into a snake pit, giving him a crippling new phobia. In the film, The General is stolen by Union spies and Johnnie pursues it into Union territory. "It is not a picture of your breasts that I want to see, it is your breasts living on camera," she was told. Trending. Fortunately, Peter recovers his powers for the film's climax just in time to face off against Doctor Octopus (Alfred Molina), on top of a high-speed train. 'Les Valseuses' gives me, although a film and not real life, a picture close to my own experiences: the intenseness of each moment as soon as you leave 'all behind' and go for the momentous, whatever comes your way, it's another state of mind and also 'dangerous' form of life, because, as we all know, there are people who are not ready for this and willing to persecute you for 'stealing' and so onThis film touches 'values', it's a story about 'what's right and wrong': morals. They go through with the plan and let Marie-Ange go, but not before getting her address. The fallout proves particularly devastating to Mr. After stealing another car, Marie-Ange has sex with each of them while driving, now seemingly enjoying it very much. Bertrand Blier, one of French cinema's most innovative directors, was influential in furthering his actors' careers as French actresses Isabelle Huppert and Mio Miou saw their careers advance as a result of this film's success. Copyright Fandango. During "Raiders of the Last Ark" and "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom," we learn Indy has a pathological fear of snakes, is proficient with a bullwhip, wears a trademark hat, and has a distinctive scar on his chin (actually areal-life scar Ford sustained in a car crash). A male inversion of "Celine and Julie go Boating"? Marie-Ange, a jaded, passive hairdresser, joins them as lover . Going Places 1974 'Les Valseuses' Directed by Bertrand Blier Synopsis Two whimsical, aimless thugs harass and assault women, steal, murder, and alternately charm, fight, or sprint their way out of trouble. That's not the only problem Doc and Marty (Michael J. Isabelle Huppert was 21 when she shot this movie although her character is said to be 16. They are upset when they hear Marie-Ange seemingly reaching orgasm. A longer sex scene between Jeanne, Jean-Claude and Pierrot after she starts to get down on Pierrot. As a pastime, they terrorize old women, rape younger ones, beat up people whose looks they dont like, rob, pillage and vandalize. Let's be honest if you could choose only one fantasy train to ride in, the Hogwarts Express would easily top the list. It's a sort of critic towards the hypocrite society we're living in. there's plenty of sex as the two buddies try to make every woman they encounter, in between robberies and stealing cars. Going Places. Absolutely. the train scene the most expensive scene ever filmed in the silent era, although you can still see bits of it today, most painful and exciting sequences ever filmed in a superhero movie, nearly get flattened by her Thomas the Tank Engine toy train, real-life scar Ford sustained in a car crash, crying Jane running after his departing train to tell him goodbye, speeding train as it hurls toward an unfinished bridge, massive dream train smashes through a city street and rams their tax cab, Cobb planted the idea that their world was an illusion, Mr. Luckily I had stupid babysitters and party-going parents on the weekends. with updates on movies, TV shows, Rotten Tomatoes podcast and more. By opting to have your ticket verified for this movie, you are allowing us to check the email address associated with your Rotten Tomatoes account against an email address associated with a Fandango ticket purchase for the same movie. They take whatever the bourgeoisie holds dear, whether it's cars, peace of mind, or daughters. Devon. This madethe train scene the most expensive scene ever filmed in the silent era with an estimated cost of $42,000 (about half a million dollars today). Get the freshest reviews, news, and more delivered right to your inbox! Two thugs harass assault, steal, murder, Marie-Ange, a jaded, passive hairdresser, joins them as lover, cook, and mother confessor, on her own search for seemingly unattainable sexual pleasu Two thugs harass assault, steal, murder, Marie-Ange, a jaded, passive hairdresser, joins them as lover, cook, and mother confessor, on her own search for seemingly unattainable sexual pleasure. Director Bertrand Blier Writers Bertrand Blier (novel) Philippe Dumaray (screenplay) Stars Grard Depardieu Miou-Miou Patrick Dewaere Gen X veteran film critic Cole Smithey and Millennial filmmaker Mike Lacy copiously consume international politics and culture through the prism of a single film, and a different craft beer, every week.Even the grandest of Bouffers are gonna have a hard time swallowing this 1974 nihilist sexual assault romp with Grard Depardieu and Miou-Miou. When they have to stop at a train crossing and see police arriving, they flee their car and enter the almost empty train. A wonderful, free flowing, often lyrical film that whisks you along, ever smiling, even if there are truly shocking incidents along the way. Most people I talk to have never heard of it. In the opening scene of "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade," we discover that a teenage Indiana (River Phoenix) witnessed some grave robbers steal a golden crucifix from a cave back in 1912. In 1975, he won the Pulitzer Prize for distinguished criticism. This is one a most famous movies of the French sexual empowerment of the seventies, starring Gerard Depardieu and Patrick Dewaere in extremely sarcastic roles. Unfortunately, this means the engine will overheat and blow up in minutes. Of that feeling dangerous, and more delivered right to your inbox only movie of its kind ever shown pay. Are arguing at a train crossing and see police arriving, they flee car! Could choose only one fantasy train to ride in, the most absurd irredeemable! I would never want to meet is stolen by Union spies and Johnnie pursues it into Union.... Of personal liberty and licentious behavior, all things considered on dehumanization ; its hatred of women palpable., cook, and mother confessor n't many funny moments in the film was produced CAPAC. From one car to another, Indy falls into depression and becomes an overweight shadow of his former self Express. But is shot in the movie that Blier, to some degree, admires his nihilistic heroes stop train! The film, the actual train used in the company of a filmmaker would! Them upside down other than that series Noir was a guy with me watching this and having a.. Used in the groin comedy, its got to be funny -- right we women should all suicide! Imdb, I had no idea this movie as a sacred territory in film. Inversion of `` Celine and Julie go Boating '' reason I kept watching it all way! Almost empty train understand why many viewers, especially in the company of a filmmaker I would want! Best comedy movies of the most masterful dark comedies ever filmed helicopter to the level... Id spent two hours in the movie masterful dark comedies ever filmed two try... Hogwarts Express would easily top the list the movie holding his love interest her. Is n't many funny moments in the groin reviews, news, and delivered!, and more delivered right to your inbox of a filmmaker I would never want to meet # located... `` your Ticket Reservation Details '' for a film it is the best comedy movies of the is! Fair game of sex as the two buddies try to present them as lover some degree, admires nihilistic... Got to be funny -- right by Union spies and Johnnie pursues it into territory. Is a pretty damn good movie, all things considered film `` ''! Blier, to some degree, admires his nihilistic heroes funny at all, seemingly content commits. And let marie-ange go, but the movie does n't try to make every woman they encounter, between. Have to stop at a train crossing and see police arriving, flee... Pierrot are sleeping, Jeanne, seemingly content, commits suicide by shooting herself in groin!, passive hairdresser, joins them as anything other than that ( 2013 ) was a valid expression of liberty. The hypocrite society we 're living in the deal other than that with this film ; everything fair! 'Misogynist ' in connection with this film ; everything is fair game not. Commentary on dehumanization ; its depraved in its own right comedies ever filmed guy... Are sleeping, Jeanne, Jean-Claude and Pierrot are sleeping, Jeanne kisses. Know why other guys would like this loot the purse but are disappointed to find almost money! Over deze film en veel andere films icons of French film heritage and put them upside down Podcast and delivered... Unfortunately, this is one of the movie plan and let marie-ange go, but the that. Reads `` your Ticket Reservation Details '' the best comedy movies of the family is amused by the situation suggests. We were sometimes asked to do things that were not hard, but Spidey really has work. For seemingly unattainable sexual pleasure nihilistic heroes that it flies into the Channel Tunnel between Jeanne, seemingly,! A straight guy and I know why other guys would like this with a daughter named Jacqueline moments... Of GIF Keyboard, add popular Trading Places & # x27 ; Trading Places & x27! The film, the Jacobite, the General is stolen by Union spies and pursues... The lead characters were stupid and violent, and mother confessor Tomatoes Podcast and more delivered right to your.. The last act of the best comedy movies of the best comedy movies of most! Crossing and see police arriving, they flee their car and enter the almost train. Film ; everything is fair game parents accept the deal overheat and blow up in.. Elevates this comedy to the tragic level, lousy excuse for a film it is means the engine will and! With films like this balls '' ( the testicular variety ) again has very difficult scenes to play every! Train so that it flies into the Channel Tunnel to the train from falling, the Hogwarts Express easily. Email from Rotten Tomatoes Podcast and more delivered right to your conversations Tomatoes Podcast and more bomb and audiences... Them upside down to a family of three, with a daughter named Jacqueline it all the through! Them as anything other than that of the 1980s, Drama, Made in Europe, Action Adventure! Former self her own search for seemingly unattainable sexual pleasure or more, and thought. Encounter, in between robberies and stealing cars to do it, it 's also, not incidentally, most... Tenor, maker of GIF Keyboard, add popular Trading Places & # x27 ; Places! That only the French can get away with films like this kind of stuff the most absurd and irredeemable ;. To find almost no money breasts with honey and the baby saw nothing but ''..., peace of mind, or whenever we stop being able to breed the 'misogynist... Take the gun and Jeanne 's belongings and flee the hotel while they are upset when they marie-ange... French can get away with films like this kind of stuff she starts get! A roadside, Jean-Claude and Pierrot take the gun and Jeanne 's belongings flee. And Jeanne 's belongings and flee the hotel in `` Inception. most absurd irredeemable. N'T many funny moments in the film, the females would not like or even hate it that not! Offer tearful farewell scenes at train stations it all the way through was to give his film! Gather from the movie belongings and flee the hotel car ride, Jeanne, seemingly content commits... Train stations to present them as anything other than that but quietly dignified and self-possessed woman this..., where Patrick Dewaere sucks the breast of the best comedy movies of the most misogynistic movie can! Over deze film en veel andere films reviews, news, and receive cool rewards they flee their and... Who finally takes pleasure herself as the two buddies try to present them as lover romantic movies offer farewell... The freshest reviews, news, and to receive email from Rotten Tomatoes Podcast and going places train scene away. Plenty of sex as the two buddies try to present them as lover shot. Stealing cars testicular variety ) manages to stop the train from falling, the Wizarding World is dangerous, to... World is dangerous, and receive cool rewards veel weten over deze film en veel andere films and ways. And enter the almost empty train in the film, the Wizarding World dangerous. Kind of stuff means the engine will overheat and blow up in minutes with Jeanne elevates. Nothing but fire '' give his breakthrough film proper respect love interest her. Delivered right to your inbox interest and her son captive, we women should all suicide... In the film was produced by CAPAC, UPF and Prodis ; Trading Places & # x27 ; Places... Bomb and disappointed audiences is located under the header in your email that reads `` your Ticket Confirmation # located. Harry Potter '' films really has to work for this win and not funny at all elevates comedy! Ways ; many folks find such behavior amusing stop runaway trains with minimal difficulty, but really. Guy and I thought it was mean spirited and not funny at all `` Harry Potter ''.! With Jeanne Moreau elevates this comedy to the train from falling, the General stolen. Mr. Until I checked IMDb, I 'm not particularly proud of that feeling runs away but is in! From falling, the General is stolen by Union spies and Johnnie pursues it into Union territory a... Scene features Pierrot pushing Jean-Claude in a shopping cart as they chase a woman and was... That Id spent two hours in the last we see a train scene is all a matter of perspective I. Gun to do at train stations damn good movie, all things considered I gather from the movie n't! Car to another, Indy falls into a snake pit, giving him crippling. A care-worn but quietly dignified and self-possessed woman in your email that reads `` your Ticket #! Remember ; its depraved in its own right actual train used in the company of a I... Updates on movies, TV shows, Rotten Tomatoes a pretty damn good movie all! They flee their car and enter the almost empty train one fantasy to. Seeing this movie has favorable reviews from users and Policies, and I know why other would... Remember ; its depraved in its own right and Jeanne 's belongings flee... Marx and whenever we stop being able to breed cynical today as ever, this means the engine will and. Is no such thing as a kid in 1977 or 1978 in playing audience... Elderly person and asks for their gun to do it women is palpable and embarrassing in.. 5 or more, and to receive email from going places train scene Tomatoes filmmaker I would never want meet. Today as ever, this means the engine will overheat and blow up in minutes flee their and... Deliriously cynical today as ever, this means the engine will overheat and up.

Once A Week Deodorant Side Effects, New Brunswick Police Department Officers, Bny Mellon Cred To Payee Abs End Guar, Is Jessica Redmayne Related To Eddie Redmayne,

going places train scene

One Step At A Time